First Grade Home to School Connections
Week of March 27th
FIRST GRADE is Performing at the SPRING
Concert with Mrs. Barrette
at the Smithfield High School Tuesday, March 28th at 6:00
FUNDATIONS....Unit 10…Closed Syllables that have five sounds.
These are words that usually have a blend ( two consonants each with their own sound) at the beginning of a word and a blend at the end of a word. The word slump is an example. The sl is the blend at the beginning and mp is a blend at the end of the word. The suffix s will also be added.
Essential Question: What is a closed syllable?
1. Closed syllables can only have one vowel.
2. The vowel is followed by one or more consonants (closed in)
3. The vowel sound is short. To indicate the short vowel, the vowel is marked with a breve.
Essential Question: What is a vowel team?
What is a closed syllable? What is the magic “e” rule?
MY MATH………Practice Math Facts….Timed or Untimed Fact Dash - Macmillan/McGraw-Hill
· Chapter 6 Adding and Subtracting Two Digit Numbers
· Essential Question: How do you add and subtract two digit numbers?
· All the vocabulary in this chapter are review words
New Foss Science Kit …….. Plants and Animals Science
What happens to rye grass and alfalfa seeds in moist soil?
Investigation 1: Grass and Grain Seeds
Reading Workshop Strategy.......Schema......Making Connections
Text to Self Text to Text Text to World